- Make things with personality
- Open trumps closed 
- Own your data 
- Use tools that will work even a decade later
- Build your own garden, an open and welcoming place, and break the hegemony of walled gardens.
- Document your mind.
- Don’t load unnecessary junk. A side effect to not loading unnecessary junk, a fast website.
- Access is a civil right. Inaccessibility is poor craftsmanship 
- The Hyperlink is at the heart of who you are. It's fate needs to lie with you. 
- Own your domain
the indieweb played a big part early on in putting to words what I thought was missing in cookie cutter, dog-eat-dog internet of today. ↩︎
Interesting talk about how the hyperlink changed the world. If nothing else, what's happening at twitter (december 3, 2022) right now should be a cautionary tale in building your digital identity in walled gardens. ↩︎